- Be Angola citizens and currently reside in Angola.
- Hold a bachelor’s Degree (4 years including the thesis defense). Must be in possession of a diploma at the application phase.
- Have an excellent Grade Point Average upon completion of prior studies.
- Be proficient in English. (This must be demonstrated by taking an English Proficiency Test administered by the Embassy, or by attaching TOEFL scores to the application if the applicant has already completed testing, minimum acceptable score is 80 points in the IBT version of the TOEFL).
The Fulbright Scholarship Program provides the following benefits:
- Assistance to the grantee in the identification of and application for admission to American Universities.
- Costs of standardized tests required for admission at those universities.
- Pre-departure Orientation.
- Assistance in obtaining the J-1 visa (Exchange Program Visa).
- Economy class round trip airline ticket.
- Medical Insurance provided by the Government of the United States, which fulfills the minimum requirements established by the J-1 visa and by the Fulbright Program.
- Living expenses, which vary depending on city of destination.
- Pre-academic programs in the U.S. The lengths of these programs vary between four days and eight weeks, and are held before the graduate study program begins. These programs are designed to fit the needs of the course in which the grantee is accepted.