• You may apply before commencing your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
• Applicants must have completed a first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
• By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
• PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority
Non-EU students: €750 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester
Non-EU students: €1000 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances. Tuition fees are not possible.
EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance. Tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries
The scholarship is awarded for two years as a rule, may be extended twice at most by half a year.
1. Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round
2. Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
3. Register for the online application portal
4. Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
5. After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline